Tuesday, August 28, 2012

SeaStorm for Android: How I'm watching Isaac

SeaStorm for Android

There are a number of hurricane-tracking apps available for Android, but Treknologist pointed out one over the weekend that's become my go-to app. 

SeaStorm ($1.99) culls information from the National Hurricane Center's website. And while I normally wouldn't purchase an app that that merely repackages information from a website I could easily browse, it does so in an easy-to-read manner, works well on smartphones and tablets, and greatly lessens the amount of time it takes me to digest the latest updates.

Dive into an individual storm and you have quick looks at the tracking maps, wind speed estimates, storm surge graphics, satellite images and public advisories -- basically all the important, official information you need when tracking a storm.

This one will be staying on my phone through November.



Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidcentral/~3/fr72CQRexXI/story01.htm

NII HOLDINGS NIKON NINTENDO NOKIA

No comments:

Post a Comment